Saturday, January 7, 2012

Would it be better for me to have a c-section now at 35 weeks?

I am 35 weeks with twins. they are breech/transverse so that is the reason for the c-section. I have been going to a high risk clinic because baby b is not getting enough blood flow through the umbilical cord. my Doctor said there is most likely a knot in the cord. so i have been researching this and it is making me worried.If there is a knot in the cord this could eventually cut off baby b supply of oxygen. there would be no way for me to tell because i can not tell which baby is moving at any time, so baby b could have decreased fetal movement and i would never know until it is too late. i am having 2 nst a week and a ultrasound with doc appt. But what if something happens in between visits? would it be better for them to take the babies out now rather then risk baby b,s life?

No comments:

Post a Comment