Sunday, January 1, 2012

Is forgiving just saying these words: "I wanna forgive you"?

My parents took something that I loved first and foremost in my life. I believe they love me, and they had no idea what they did when they ripped it away. Left like that I hid it inside me and it just burned me. I'm angry with them, though unintentional, because even if they gave it back it'll be too late for me. I turned my back on God and was bitter with him for doing nothing to help. But recently I realized that forgiving them is the right thing to do even if I don't really want to, cause Jesus' story of forgiving without condemnation struck me, so I tried to do it but couldn't. So now I wanna know what forgiving is and what it takes, and how God helps this process take place.

No comments:

Post a Comment