Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sell or rent out my dad's duplex?

My father recently ped away due to a fire at his duplex. I have 3 other siblings who are going to inheret it. The homeowners insurance is going to cover the repairs and then some from the fire. I have no experience in real estate other than the stories my father told me. I'm only 23 years old and I'm on Social Security for depression and anxiety. (letting you know all of this to just fill you in on the situation). So my question is to sell the duplex and just cash out, or keep it as a long-term source of income and financial stability. (Along with all of the headaches) But keep in mind the house is getting fixed up like new from the insurance money, So this will increase the value and appeal to both buyers and renters.

No comments:

Post a Comment