Friday, January 6, 2012

Why is it blasphemy in Hip Hop not to consider these rappers as the best?

2Pac, Biggie, JayZ, and N. Don't get me wrong I like 2Pac and Biggie, and JayZ has some songs with good beats. But it seems like mainstream hip hop fanatics get really outraged if someone doesn't worship or consider these guys as the best. Why is it that these rappers are instantly crucified? 2Pac was good because he was lyrically talented and rapped about social issues. Biggie was lyrically talented, but he was a gangsta rapper. Jayz just has good beats. N is lyrically talented but his beats suck. Personally I consider Ice Cube, Public Enemy, Dead Prez, Immortal Technique, and maybe 2Pac the best rappers. But I don't think the 4 guys I mentioned up top should be viewed as gods. What's up with that? Is that fair to all the other talented rappers in the industry?

No comments:

Post a Comment